As Good as Gold
“AS GOOD AS GOLD”
The saying above is often used colloquially and lightly and scant regard is probably given as to what it actually means.
“As Good as Gold” usually indicates that above all else if it’s Gold, it’s Good.
Gold has stood that test of time, it has endured the centuries whilst all other currencies have faltered. It is the ultimate anchor of any worthy Financial system
Gold has survived through the centuries, Gold continues to outperform all currencies.
Gold and God
Gold, has been around as long as God. Some say that Gold is God’s money. It’s the oldest medium of exchange known to man.
It can be Trusted. It will deliver. It can be relied upon and has delivered in the past and will continue to do so.
Permanence, independence, scarcity and durability
- All Gold mined since time began, exists somewhere above ground and can be held in 2 Olympic size swimming pools. The total production of gold ever mined is under 200,000 tons.
- Gold’s durability means that today almost every ounce ever mined is still in circulation, often refined and used many times over.
- Gold’s scarcity and forever attributes attract Investors and those simply wishing to protect and preserve their wealth.
- It’s history, independence, tangibility, scarcity, permanence and constant store of value makes it sought after by those in the know.
- Gold has no counter-party risk, is beholden to no-one other than its owner.
- Gold is the preferred store of wealth of Kings & Queens, of Central Banks and those wishing to preserve and protect their wealth for themselves and for generations to come.
- It is payment, rather than a promise to pay.
- It has no liabilities, it is independent, it is permanent. It is scarce.
- It provides liquidity when needed.
- Today there is approximately only one ounce of gold per person.
I first came into contact with Gold in 1970 . My mother had received a phone-call from my father who said their bank had contacted him to tell him that after months of being on the waiting list at their bank, their first ever gold coin, a Krugerrand, was available to be purchased, providing they did so that day or else it would be offered to the next person on the list. My mother that particular day had collected me from school and with great importance she announced that we had to stop into the bank and that I was to stay in the car for this very important meeting with the Bank Manager in order to hand over the cash and take possession of the prized 1 ounce coin. The price then was around $35.
The price today is nearly US1,800. I have that coin as a reminder to my first foray into the scarcity, value and enduring durability of gold, and so my inquisitiveness with gold began.
Today I head up a multi-family Family Office and Global Wealth Management firm, BMF Wealth, in Sydney, Australia.
Our intense interest, knowledge, fascination and personal ownership of Gold Bullion and Gold equities by the owners of our small privately-owned firm and by our clients has steadily grown over the decades.
Gold investments are a sizeable allocation in most of our clients’ portfolios.
The permanence, independence, scarcity and durability of Gold has permeated into our motto too, “BMF Wealth, worth its weight in Gold.”
We believe Gold goes up much further from here.
Gold bullion – own the metal
Gold bullion by its very name is bullion, not a paper Gold Fund, not an ETF but the hard, golden lustrous metal itself.
Whether you are buying an ounce or a kilo it is important to take physical ownership of Gold. You need to own it, to hold it when you want to, to safely store it – not to entrust your Gold to another custodian who can lend your gold onto someone else. Go the extra mile, take ownership and responsibility of your Gold.
A chilling reminder is that there is more Gold in paper ETF’s then there is gold bullion.
Gold for the bold – prepare for the future, why own Gold ?
Gold is an insurance policy against many events happening.
It is a hedge against financial repression by Central Banks & Governments.
It ‘works’ in both an Inflationary and a Deflationary environment.
It’s portable, divisible, durable and enduring. It has permanence and independence. It owes no-one.
It’s maintained its purchasing power of the millennia outliving all other currencies and should continue to do so.
Gold preserves inter-generational wealth for both Individuals and Countries. It’s simply “As Good as Gold “